Small businesses (SMB) want a remote deposit capture (RDC) solution that most financial institutions aren’t offering. 

They seek a single solution that can handle multiple checks in a single deposit even when they’re using a smartphone or tablet. 

Today, only some SMBs have access to business RDC platforms offering this flexibility. 

In the race to grow SMB market share, Celent reports that most banks only focus on SMBs making $1 million or more in annual revenue–about 16% of the market. This leaves 84% of SMBs underserved with restrictive consumer or large commercial solutions. 

When you offer the right RDC solution that incorporates a truly commercial mobile option, you can solve the needs of SMBs—both large and small—opening new markets for your commercial channels. 

As you evaluate options to address the unique needs of both small and large SMBs with business RDC, here are a few key things to keep in mind: 

1. Single sign-on. Does the solution offer seamlessness in terms of channels? Does it offer single sign-on to your treasury portal or online banking or desktop (PC and/or Mac)? It should. 

2. “Mobile scanner.” When you incorporate a commercial mobile solution into your overall RDC channel, does it treat checks like they were scanned with a desktop scanner? Deposits should be treated the same regardless of capture method. 

3. Flexible role and permission management. The right SMB solution allows a single user to satisfy different needs within the business. This can help mitigate risk by putting proper controls in place at the business level. 

Interested in learning additional criteria to consider when selecting a business RDC solution? Download the white paper excerpt, “The State of Remote Deposit Capture: The Final Stretch,” to discover insights into more SMB trends and the growth potential with this dynamic market.